Thursday, December 31, 2009

Blizzard of 2009

The blizzard of 2009 is history,but the cold & snow will be with us for weeks to come. We were house bound for 3 days. Praise God we did not lose electricity. I was able to get to the kennel to take care of our german shepard dog, but with wind chills of 30 below I did not stay out any longer than was needed. The roads were opened on Sunday by farmers with huge tractors & frontend loaders or blades on their tractors. I still could not get my pickup out of the garage until Monday (28)when a neighbor came in with his big tractor & loader & cleared an area big enough for me to get out. I just had to shovel a little snow away from the garage door. There are stll 8-9 foot drifts on the north side of our house & 2-3 foot drifts out by the barn. According to the long range forecast the cold will be with us for sometime, which means the snow will not melt. we spent christmas cuddled up in our chairs reading or talking to children on the phone. Our internet service was not interrupted, so that we were able to keep a check on what was happening around the area. As I am writing this 2009 is coming to a close and a new year is just a couple of hours away. I want to take this opportunity to Thank God for all that He has blessed us with this past year. We have children who love us and care about us. We have plenty of food, a warm house,& our health. What more do we need. My prayer for 2010 is that all of our children, grandchildren & great grandchildren will be healthy & safe. Especially those who are in areas of bitter conflict. I pray for all of our young men & women who are fighting to keep our country safe from those who are determined to take our freedoms & our libertys from us. I pray for the leaders of our country that the will stop their petty bickering & work together to bring our great country back to the position that it once held in this worlds eyes. I also pray that we all might work to bring the message that Jesus Christ gave us and that peace on earth will be a reality. May God bless everyone & may you prosper throughout this new year. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

No comments: